Emergency Disconnect Switch
The EVI200 system is supplied with main contactors. It's unclear if any additional equipment is required for emergency disconnection. Anderson disconnects or circuit breakers should be used when performing maintenance.
- Gigavac GX12 - a contactor that can almost do the job from the specs (gigavac have said that it will do the job via email).
- EV200] - (Gigavac and Kilovac comparison [here) - includes optional aux contacts
- LEV200 - a contactor that will do the job according to specs (available here, rs pricing here.). This contactor doesn't have auxiliary contacts, making it complicated to verify if it is working.
- http://www.andersonpower.com/products/multipole-sbe.html (700 amp connector will be needed for charging and inter pack connections - only rated at 150v(!), but tested to 1300v)
- http://www.multi-contact-usa.com (many different high current and voltage connectors)
- ] in particular the [P-Lok range looks good (rated to 1000 VDC)
- Lapp Kabel cables (site also has many connectors)
- General Cable NZ - welding cable (includes 600/1000V EPR/VNR)
- Wire size calculator at the bottom of the page
- Discusson of choosing the right wire size based on weight per saved volt
EVI200 Provided cabling
50^2mm pirelli nsgafoeu 1.8-3kV, approx 15mm outside diameter. http://www.nexans.de/eservice/navigation/NavigationFamily.nx?navigationId=183174 http://www.drakakabely.pl/images/stories/files/KatalogDatoveListyCZ/Pryzove/NSGAFOEU...pdf
- LA100P300-4TI - Littelfuse 300A 750VDC
- FWJ 1000V - Bussman 300A 800VDC (new link http://www.bussmann.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productID=1081)
- SPFR300 - Littlefuse 300A 1000 VDC (this looks like the one for us)
Useful glossary of terms used in fuse specification sheets.
Also, a range of potential fuses from Ferraz Shawmut: http://www.ferrazshawmutsales.com/special.htm Guidelines on their application: http://www.ferrazshawmutsales.com/pdfs/applications.pdf
- File:900V Squarebody.pdf: Ferraz Shawmut Square Body 900VDC 100kA (in particular Catalogue number: "CC 7,5 gRC 122 TTF 0315", Ref "M085249" looks good)